The North American Catalysis Society will provide supplemental funding for support of attendance at the 15th International Congress on Catalysis (15th ICC) to be held in Munich, Germany, July 1–6, 2012.
Funding for this program has been provided by federal agencies (NSF, DOE) and industry (Dow Chemical Co., BASF, BP, SudChemie). These funds will be used to provide partial reimbursement of travel, lodging and registration expenses for attendees with priority given to:
- Faculty members in their first four years of appointment to ladder-rank positions and currently active in catalysis research at U.S. institutions.
- Postdoctoral and graduate student presenting oral or poster contributions at the 15th ICC.
- Invited chairs of session at the 15th ICC meeting.
- Other applicants, as funds permit.
Applications should be submitted to Professor Jingguang Chen (NACS Director-at-Large, and coordinator of this grant program) no later than March 30, 2012 in electronic form (firstname.lastname@example.org). This application should be no longer than one page and include your qualifications in the context of items 1–3 listed above.
This one-page application should clearly state:
- Your position, including years in present position and activity in catalysis research since 2007 (publications and patents in the catalysis area). Please indicate if your academic research group is currently funded by DOE-BES or NSF
- Your accepted presentation in the 15th ICC (title, session, and oral or poster venue. Include acceptance letter as a second page).
- Sessions that you are chairing (include invitation to chair as a second page).
- Any other data that the selection panel should consider.
The panel decision will be communicated to all applicants no later than May 15, 2012 via email. Original receipts will be required for reimbursement and travel must be booked via U.S. carriers.